When it comes to choosing a paving contractor, how do you find the right professional for the job?
There are many factors to consider. Although it is important not to overthink your decision and risk delaying necessary repairs, it Is important to consider a few key factors before signing on the bottom line.
Think about this…
- Consider the People: Think about the salesperson that gave you the estimate. Does he / she return your calls or e-mails promptly? Have they been responsive from the beginning? Have they taken the time to discuss your project in detail and the aspects involved in executing the job? How easy is it to talk to your salesperson? Are they friendly and professional when answering your questions? Do they have the industry knowledge to execute the project?
- Consider the Price: This is perhaps one of the biggest stumbling blocks during the decision-making process. It is all too common for facility and property managers or property owners to select a contractor based solely on price. But look again at what each bid is offering. Are you comparing apples to apples or has one contractor left a few items off, making it appear as if they are the low bid?
- Do your Due Diligence and Research: Ask around. Ask industry colleagues, friends and family members about paving companies they may have used for their projects in the past. Research the reputation of the organization you are considering hiring. Ask for references similar to the scope of your project and contact the references regarding the success of the project and its timely completion.
- Ask Questions: Go ahead. Ask as many questions as you would like. If you are unsure of something, ask! If you are unsure how the project will be completed or how the parking lot will be accessible to customers, ask about the traffic pattern during the project. A paving surface is an asset to your business and you want the best return on your investment possible. So go ahead, ask as many questions as you would like because a professional paving contractor will make sure you understand all the details of the project before commencing any work.
- Verify license and insurance information. Any contractor you choose should maintain the proper licenses and insurance. Don’t be shy – ask to see copies of their insurance and their licenses. This is a simple request and a professional contractor will not hesitate to provide this documentation.
Start the selection process off right. Contact M.A. Construction Group – one of Florida’s knowledgeable leaders in the asphalt paving industry.
M.A. Construction Group is a full-service asphalt paving contractor serving Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Orlando and South and Central Florida. We offer asphalt paving and parking lot services such as pot hole repairs, parking lot maintenance, parking lot sealcoating and striping, concrete ramps and sidewalks, car stops, signage, catch basins, bollard poles and ADA compliance.